Compiled by: Maxine Alindogan
Black and blue or white and gold? The internet has been swarming with opinions since February 25, when 21-year old Caitlin McNeill asked her Tumblr followers to help her and her friends figure out the actual color of this particular dress. The billion dollar question caught the attention of celebrities, television shows, product brands and creative vine/tweet/tumblr/facebook users alike. Here are the 13 best reactions to “The Dress That Broke The Internet” (Times.com):
1. Joe Jonas took the opportunity to remind us of Kylie Jenner’s bold hairdo,
— J O E J O N A S (@joejonas) February 27, 2015
2. Taylor Swift got confused…
3. Ben Smith, the editor-in chief of Buzzfeed, rushed to the ER to have his daughter’s vision checked.
My daughter thinks it's blue and green and we are headed to the ER
— Ben Smith (@benyt) February 27, 2015
4. Drake’s fans decided to try to provide an explanation for these different perceptions through their idol’s “philosophy,”
"Black and blue, white and gold, who cares?" Drake ponders. "Nobody shows their true colors these days anyway."
— Stuff Drake Does (@StuffDrakeDoes) February 27, 2015
5. “The Royals” television series showed us who’s boss:
Royals only see gold. #TheDress
— The Royals (@TheRoyalsTV) February 27, 2015
6. Realizing how controversial this might actually be, Ellen tweets:
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) February 27, 2015
7. While McDonalds reminded us that Caramel Sundaes will never fail to make us happy,
— McDo Philippines (@McDo_PH) February 27, 2015
8. Clorox displayed that success comes through years of quality service,
Trust us, #TheDress is white.
— Clorox (@Clorox) February 27, 2015
9. And Oreo showed everyone that we’re all pretty late to the trend.
— OREO Cookie (@Oreo) February 27, 2015
10. Although the dress may have elicited some musical creativity,
11. Michael Jackson reminds us that it doesn’t matter what we choose,
12. And that we have to let it go sooner or later…
— BuzzFeed Community (@BuzzFeeders) February 27, 2015